Thursday, January 10, 2013

Mrs.? Whaa?

Hello there! It's been a long freaking time since I've blogged, and now I'll be playing a fun game of keeping up both my blogs....


So, on December 29, 2012, I officially became Mrs. Alex Shuey. We had a beautiful wedding, (and delightful honeymoon, that I will write about later because my laziness is prohibiting writing anything lengthy...) that I will explain in full detail when I receive my pictures from my photographer.

Here's some of the shit they definitely don't tell you about getting married.

1.) Changing your name feels awkward.
I've been Alex Judd my entire life, and now I'm Alex Shuey. I've already messed up a few times when signing papers and stuff. And changing your signature? Not fair. Dave gets to keep his signature, and I have to figure it out overnight.

2.) The legal aspect of getting married is a lot of waiting in line.
Like at the Social Security Administration. You get assigned a number, and then you wait. And wait. And wait. Because you and 40 other girls got married over winter break. Expect to be there for at least an hour...and a half. And you have to get a new driver's license. Complete with name change and new picture.

3.) Living together is like one giant sleepover.
This has been one of the best parts of being married so far. I feel safe sleeping next to someone. Even if he snores a little (; Moving out has been a big adjustment for me. I've never lived anywhere but home. And so suddenly, I'm all domesticated, I'm doing laundry (Alex? Doing laundry? Whaa?), I'm buying adulty things like flatwear and shoeracks. But it's fun doing it all it with Dave. I love being able to spend almost all of my time with him. And being able to have Nerf fights in the dark.



4.) Go grocery shopping. Or you will have no food.
We have yet to go grocery shopping. All we have in our fridge is premade soup from Costco, bacon, yogurt, milk, and diet coke. We have cereal, and pretend twinkies. But that's basically it.

5.) Movie time? Anytime.
I married a boy that was certain he would have educated me and made me watch Star Wars by now. That same boy married me without having seen Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Firefly, Back to the Future, or any of his favorites. And what do we watch when we have movie time? Cars. Brave. Cars 2.

6.) I miss him so much more now when he's at work.
This is probably the most pathetic thing I'm admitting, but I've really missed him tonight. He's a night nurse, and he had to leave earlier than usual today. So I'm not going to see him till the wee hours of the morning. :( This is going to take some getting used too.

7.) I've never felt so happy and confused in my life.
This is going to be different than what I've always known. But I have a great man by my side for anything and everything I might need. I married the love of my life, and I'm excited to see where this adventure goes.

All my love.

-Alex Shuey
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment