Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Learning How To Cook.

So this is a new experience for me....
Don't get me wrong. I took foods classes in high school, and I've cooked for my family and stuff, but it's different when you're making dinner for your little family on a regular basis, rather than once a week, or month.

And Dave and I have very different work schedules. He works on a 3 week rotating schedule, and I work weekends, and occasional weekdays. So that makes eating together tricky.

But, we've decided that on nights where we are home together, it's important that we eat together. Time to talk, laugh, or just eat something warm and delicious from home. Hahahaha.

I received quite a few cookbooks as wedding gifts. All of which I hope to pull recipes from. I'm probably going to start simple and easy. Things that contain items I already have in my fridge. Make an occasional dessert. Both my mom and my mother-in-law are fantastic cooks, and maybe those skills will become more inherited than learned....but I'll probably still have to learn.



So here it goes. Alex is going to learn how to cook.

I won't set anything on fire.
I'm not going to promise that I won't cut my finger.
And I'll probably burn something.

But at least I'm learning!!

All my love,
Alex Shuey
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment