Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Things as of late.

Dave makes my life a wonderful place to be. He's seriously my best bud. I want to do everything with him. I love that he is always up for anything. Recently I've had hearts where my eyes should be. I'm totally smitten. 

Speaking of Dave...Dave took me down to this wonderful little place called Treasures in Springville last week. If you haven't been there, and you love antiques, it is heaven on earth. We found so many wonderful things. However, the highlight of the trip was when I found. Not 1. But 2 dress vintage dress patterns. In my size. With ALL of their pattern pieces and instructions. For 3 bucks! I don't know if many of you sew with patterns, but let me tell ya! Patterns are almost as expensive as buying the material to make the item in the pattern! So it's safe to say I was ecstatic!

Sara is MARRIED! Oh my gosh! My sister had the most amazing wedding! The food was wonderful, the flowers were wonderful (I did all of the flowers and flower arrangements for her wedding, so I'm a little bit biased....but still!) the atmosphere was so romantic, and the dancing was totally killer! Her husband is Syrian, and he had several of his middle-eastern friends at the wedding! They kept the party going! It was such a wonderful celebration for Sara and Ahmad. The Borazans! I couldn't be happier for my sister as she starts this crazy awesome journey of her new life!!! 

Sami and Josh are married! Sami is Dave's best friend from high school. We drove out to Arizona for their wedding in Sedona. It was BEAUTIFUL! There were so many personal touches to the wedding, and in the ceremony that made it so special. The food was delicious, and I could eat most of it, despite being gluten-free. The dancing was so fun, and they are truly such an amazing couple. I loved hearing all of their family's toasts! They are a wonderful couple, and we were so happy to be there for their special day!

I was talking with my dad about how emotional I was at Sara's wedding. And honestly, even Sami and Josh's wedding. I found myself on the verge of big fat tears, and really had to fight to keep them in. And he told me something that I found quite profound-the reason I was so emotional, and why married couples in general become so emotional at weddings, is because you know the journey they are about to embark on. You know the highs, you know the lows, you remember what your wedding day felt like, you truly know what they are committing to. And that's truly something so wonderful, and so beautiful, it brings tears to your eyes.- And Daddy, you are so right. But there's something else. It's the way the groom looks at his bride. She is the most beautiful person that has ever walked into his life. And the way the bride looks at the groom. He has made her world a wonderful place to live. AAAAAAH. I just love weddings.

Dave has one more shift, until he is mine for a week. I can not wait. 

All my love,

Alex

XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment