Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Bunny, New Job, and Feeling Nostalgic

I've been meaning to update forever. So I'm going to give every update in the last few weeks in 1 single blog post. YAY.


Disneyland-
Dave and I went to disneyland for the fourth time this year. I feel sheepish admitting this, but I blow up my instagram with Disney anyway, so what the hell. We have become obsessed!!! I never grew up going to Disneyland, so I feel like a little kid every time I go! I still get excited when I see Mickey Mouse with a huge line of kids waiting for a picture with him. My favorite ride remains Pirates and Haunted Mansion, and Dave loves Indiana Jones and Space Mountain, but he always rides Pirates over and over again with me (:

Krieger-
.....is a girl!!! Before we went to Disneyland, she had been acting a little funny. Very antisocial and cranky. And her poops were teeny!!! We took her to Dave's mom's to be babysat, so we figured she was probably just stressed, and that she would get back to normal. Cindy (Dave's mom) was giving us updates, and poor Krieger wasn't eating, drinking, or going potty. We had her feed Krieger some lettuce, as we were on our way home. The following day, Krieger wasn't feeling any better, so we took her to the vet. She has what is called GI stasis. Basically, nothing is moving. We had to get prescription food, and appetite simulator. I've been feeding her with a syringe for the last 4 days. She's not getting much better. So chances are we are going to have to take her to the vet to get hospitalized....poor little bud.

New Job
My uncle started working for a company, and offered me a really wonderful opportunity, so I jumped. I had to become licensed in Health insurance. And after hours of studying extremely detailed material, 2 tests that I missed the mark  by less than 4%, I finally passed. I had orientation today, and I start my training tomorrow.  This is such a big blessing. Though I'm worried that Dave and I are never going to see each other anymore, as we will work completely opposite schedules. But somehow we always see each other, so I know we'll be just wonderful.

Nostalgia
Today marks 2 years with Dave. We've been a hot item for 2 years. And I couldn't be happier, or more blessed, for that matter.  He has been with me through A LOT. And I can honestly say I love him more each and everyday. There's something about being married that completely changes the way you can love a person. There is a vulnerability that is accepted. You know when you're partner is happy, sad, or has explosive diarrhea. It's really different than what I expected, but so much deeper and more enjoyable than I ever dreamed. I wouldn't suggest that every girl marries at 18 years old, but it seems to be working well for me. I regret nothing. And look forward to my future and Mr. and Mrs. Shuey with nothing but excitement.
That was the other thing. For a long time, I had to mutter my name under my breath while I signed my name, so that I didn't sign my maiden name. Recently, I stopped doing that. Shuey is feeling more natural. And for just a split second, I was kind of sad. It's letting go of a part of myself or something. But it's not. I'll always be a Judd. I'm Alexandria Katherine Judd Shuey. I just didn't hyphenate my name because:
A) When you say it at a normal pace, it sounds like a sneeze.
and
B) When my future babies are learning how to write their names, that would be mean.

Chai Tea
I've always loved Chai tea, but recently I've been making it myself, or mixing it with cocoa. And it is delicious. I love the spicy nature of Chai. (Which is quite shocking if you know me. I usually hate anything spicy.)

Sweats
I need cute sweats. I always jam in my leggings. I'm one of those girls that wears them as pants. But with my new job, I am not allowed to wear them at all, unless they are accompanied by a knee length dress. (Which at that point, they aren't worth wearing...) So I want to get some cute sweats. Any suggestions?

Sleep
Sleep is a precious commodity that seems to not want to cooperate with me. I've been taking melatonin, which usually knocks me out. But it hasn't been recently. I have to wake up at 8, and it doesn't ever feel like a possibility.

Babies
I've had a few people ask me when I'm going to be reproducing. Which quite frankly, is none of their business. But for now, Dave and I are happy being us, and making too many trips to Disneyland, and eating far more Sensuous Sandwich than we should.


1 comment: