Monday, June 10, 2013

Feeling Purple




I've never had a good relationship with my laundry. I avoid laundry like the plague. I generally don't complete my laundry unless I have :
A) Completely run out of underwear

or

B) Could create a bomb shelter out of the piles of clothes hanging around.



Today Dave told me that it was indeed, time to do my laundry. (It's a little sad that my husband is the one that tells me to do my laundry.) So after a long bout of whining, and cursing Adam and Eve for making nudity a problem in the first place, I sorted my laundry. 


I started with my load of whites. I was feeling quite proud of myself. Washing all the clothes. Folding all the clothes. I was beating the laundry. Or so I thought....


When I opened the dryer, I was in for quite the shock....


All of my whites were PURPLE. And I don't mean "oops-I-left-a-purple-sock-in-my-white-purple, I mean "son-of-a-bleep-i-left-my-purple-tye-dye-dress-in-the-whites" kind of purple.


I wish I could lie, and say that it was an accident. That the purple dress hid in the middle of my laundry like a sneaky little spy, but I can't. It was on purpose. The dress had lots of white and light blue in it, so I was worried about the white in the dress getting stained by my color load of laundry. Evidently I was wrong.

If there is such thing as laundry karma, I have bad karma. I don't know what I did to make the laundry gods angry, but I ruined 3 of my favorite shirts, my only pair of white shorts, and my white sweater. The good news is that now I have a purple sweater, shorts, and t-shirts.  The bad news is that now I have to replace all of that. (Or maybe that's the best news....) 


Being a good housewife isn't as easy as everyone makes it out to be. I don't know how my mom did all the laundry for her family of six as long as she did. I can barely do my own. I'm pretty sure after this little stunt of mine, Dave will never let me come near his white t-shirts ever again. Not that I really oppose....haha.





Lesson of the day: Purple tie-dye dresses don't go into white laundry, dummy.



All my love,
Alex Shuey
XOXO










1 comment:

  1. I did that too, only mine were green, and I still don't know how it happened. I ended up replacing a lot of my clothes :( They say once you put them in the dryer, there is no getting the color out, but I tried some hydrogen peroxide and baking soda on the clothes that weren't that bad and it helped a bit. you could also try adding a cup of vinegar to your laundry load :-)

    ReplyDelete