Thursday, May 23, 2013

Garden 2013

Surprise!!! New layout. Let's be honest. I'm not a polka dot, and antique spoon kind of girl.


Anywhoooo....


We are renting an apartment. Which can make the whole having a garden thing kind of difficult.
But! I really really wanted a garden this year. (Mostly because I adore flowers and fresh fruits and vegetables.) There is something so soothing about digging around in the dirt and leaving with your hands smelling of earth that is just so incredibly theraputic.

So this year I did a potted garden. My entire garden is in big pots. I have flowers, tomatoes, and some fresh herbs. I started out trying to plant seeds. I had a window greenhouse. All of my seeds shot up into darling little seedlings. It was so fun to watch. But then, after the 30 germination period, I was advised by the box to let them have some real outdoor exposure. And guess what.

They all died. Every last one of them.

I pretty much felt like a failure. I wanted so badly to grow all of my flowers and tomatoes from cute little seedlings. But clearly that wasn't in the plan for me this year....So I made the very best of it.

Sophie (my baby sis) and I went to Home Depot about 2 weeks ago, and stuffed my little car full of flowers and plants. It was the funnest thing in the world. Cindy (my mother in law) gave me several big pots to plant in, so I didn't have to buy any. Sophie helped me design my cute little potted garden. But I have kept it alive.

I'm a good little gardener. I water my plants everyday, and everything is thriving. I want to get another 2 or 3 planters before summer really hits. I want to get more vegetables. Maybe some squash or pumpkins. (Nothing is quite as delicious as fresh pumpkin cookies in the fall.)


Anyway.

I am pleased to present the Shuey garden 2013.


 Basil








 Lavender (my favorite)








 Cilantro








 Planter #1 (It looks really awkward. I didn't get enough plants. I'm fixing it this week.)









 Early Girl Tomatoes (They come mid-season!!!)








 Hydrangea








 Planter #2 ( I adore the little daisies)









 Yellow Cherry Tomatoes











 Planter #3 (This is my favorite planter.)








My favorite pictures from today.









All is happy and well with the Shuey's.

All my love.
Alex Shuey

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! have you ever tried Lemon Cucumbers? They are really good, you should plant those sometime! :-)

    Glad to hear you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete