Monday, August 11, 2014

Thoughts On Saying Good Bye.

As some of you may or may not know, my dear Grandpa (Don) Friske passed away a few weeks ago. In my final moments with him, I had scattered thoughts that I would like to share.




+ Flying still freaks me out. My dad is a pilot, and I'm still a basket case during take off and landing.

+ Flying with my mom is the absolute best. (Especially in first class...) I adore my mama, and I was so grateful to have her there with me during such difficult moments.

+ Montana is truly a magical place. It doesn't matter the circumstance that I'm there, it's simply magic.

+ Hospitals make me uncomfortable. Even though my husband works at one, I still hate spending time in hospitals. They are freezing, they smell funny, and they provide sandpaper as tissues.

+ Holding hands with Grandpa was an incredible experience. He needed to hold a hand. And I needed to hold his just as bad.

+ I believe people can see the Other Side as they are passing. And I'm pretty sure Grandpa was there long before he passed.

+ Thank you Uncle Ryan for letting me stay with you at the hospital for so long.

+ "You're pretty." Grandpa said to me as he watched me for a few seconds before he fell back asleep.

+ After 10 hours at the hospital with Grandpa, I walked out to flowers illuminated by a hospital light. I felt God's presence with me.

+ I hate good byes. My final good bye to my Grandpa was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. We shared "I Love You's" and he asked me for a kiss. After a soft peck on the lips, I left the room in a flood of tears.

+ Families are Forever.




No comments:

Post a Comment